5 Preferred Options for Guaranteed Return Investments in India

Is only saving your money over the years enough? This answer will vary as per the savings plan or investment option you choose. But you also need to ensure that your savings grow over the years to give you the returns you deserve instead of simply being stagnant. And so, here are a few options that you can consider if you are looking for a guaranteed return on investment in India.

Savings plans and Investments With Guaranteed Returns+

  1. Savings insurance plan

An assured savings insurance plan can help you get the dual benefit of long-term savings as well as life cover for your family. You can choose a monthly savings plan to help you cover all your essential and emergency needs. However, the savings plan should ensure a guaranteed income for you. For example, a savings plan from Tata AIA Life Insurance plans can provide a guaranteed income after the premium payment term to help you plan your financial goals.

  1. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY)

The SSY is a guaranteed return investment plan for girl children. With the interest rate reduced from 8.4% to 7.6%, the investments made on this scheme can be used to benefit the girl child. The account can be opened at a bank or post office, and the tenure of this scheme is 21 years from the date of account opening or until the girl is married after 18 years of age. One can invest a minimum of ₹250 or a maximum of ₹1.5 lakh per annum in this scheme.

  1. Public Provident Fund (PPF)

The PPF is a tax-saving savings plan that enables you to earn guaranteed returns on the investment and prepare a retirement corpus. This long-term investment option offers an interest rate of 7.1% per annum (July 2021 to September 2021) which is compounded annually. You can invest a minimum of  ₹500 and a maximum of ₹1.5 lakh for every financial year in a lump sum or instalments. You can open only one account per individual and make the deposits through cheque, demand draft, cash (DD) or online fund transfer.

  1. Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP)

The Kisan Vikas Patra offers guaranteed returns on the savings where the rate of return is revised every financial year. It is important to note that the KVP does not have a maturity period, and you can continue investing for as long as you want. After 2.5 years, you can make partial withdrawals from the scheme without attracting lower interest. However, KVP is fully taxable and does not offer any tax benefits under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.

  1. National Pension Scheme (NPS)

The NPS is a government saving scheme to offer guaranteed retirement benefits to senior citizens and is managed by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority of India (PFRDA). Under this scheme, a Tier-1 investor can make a minimum investment of ₹500-₹1000 while the minimum investment for a Tier-2 investor is ₹250. The current rate of interest on the scheme is 8-10%, and once the plan matures, the investor can withdraw up to 60% of the fund while it is compulsory to keep the remaining 40% invested to receive the pension.


It is possible to ensure a guaranteed return on your investment in India by choosing a suitable savings plan or investment scheme. With a savings insurance plan, you can not only enjoy the benefit of disciplined savings but also protect your loved ones with a life insurance cover so that they can be financially secure in times of need!