How to Pay E Challan Online in Telangana
Where road safety in India is concerned, Telangana is considered the eighth worst state. In 2019, reports showed statistics of 29 or so road-related accident deaths per every 100 people. It’s no wonder that authorities in the state saw fit to adopt the system of issuing E-challans to traffic offenders. The E-challan system is an electronically run system that provides transparency and efficacy in ways to track vehicular traffic by means of CCTV cameras. The system also gives offenders an easy and convenient way to pay fines online by due dates mandated on challans.
What is an E-challan?
When you break traffic-related rules, you are issued a challan by the traffic police of your state. This is a document that states your violation and the consequent fine you have to pay. As technology has made its way into all walks of life, an electronic challan is issued for a traffic-related offence. When you get an E-challan, Telangana authorities will have sent it to you via SMS. The way the system works is through an integration of CCTV cameras that catch footage of offenses on the road. This is transmitted to a centralized system from where the E-challan is issued.
What is an E-challan issued for?
An E-challan in Telangana is issued for any violation related to traffic/road safety. Some key offences and corresponding fines are mentioned below:
- Driving your vehicle without a helmet – You will be fined Rs. 1,000 and/or your driving licence confiscated for three months
- Driving your vehicle without a seatbelt – You will have to pay a fine of Rs. 1,000
- Using a phone while driving – You will be fined Rs. 1,000
- Exceeding speed limits – You will be fined anywhere from Rs. 1,000 – 2,000
- Overshooting traffic signals – Rs. 1,000 will be the penalty to pay
To get a better picture of all the fines you can expect for violating different road safety rules, you can go to Finserv MARKETS.
How to Pay an E-challan Online
With advancements in technology, Telangana authorities have made it easy for individuals to view their challan status online, as well as pay fines in a simple and quick manner. Here are the steps to pay your E-challan online:
- Log in to the Parivahan portal
- Fill in your Telangana challan number, driving licence number or vehicle number
- Execute the captcha code and click on the tab that says ‘Get Details’
- A page that shows you the status of your Telangana challan and the details related to it will appear
- From here, you can proceed to make payment
- Once your payment is successful, you will get a confirmation message and an ID.
When the Telangana traffic authorities charge you with a penalty/fine, they send a message via SMS, as they are able to source your information through your vehicle number from camera footage. In case you miss seeing the message, you may inadvertently fail to pay a fine by a mandated due date, and further action may be served against you. It’s a good idea to check if you have any fines due. You can go through the Finserv MARKETS portal to find out more.